Welcome to the website of the Church of Christ which meets in the community of Youngsport. We are nestled in the countryside outside of Killeen, Texas, in a beautiful valley near the Lampasas River.
We are a Bible believing congregation who gathers to worship our God and His Son, Jesus the Christ, in spirit and truth, (John 4:24). We are a non-denominational church who purposely wears no other name than Christ’s and desires to be simply known as Christians (Acts 11:26); members of the body of Christ (Colossians 1:18) – the Church of Christ (Romans16:16). Collectively we refer to ourselves as the Church of Christ, the Lord’s church, to identify ourselves as the church belonging to Christ.
We gather each Lord’s Day to worship in accordance with the instructions provided by the apostles to the first century church. Our services include:
- Singing – God only authorizes that we sing to him (Colossians 3:16, Ephesians 5:19). Our services will be in a capella. There is no piano, organ, guitar, or drum involved in our worship to God. Why? Because only singing is authorized.
- Observe the Lord’s Supper – by apostolic example laid forth in the scriptures we are to do this every first day of the week (Acts 20:7). We do it to remember Christ’s death until he comes again (1 Corinthians 11:23-26).
- Giving – We are instructed to “lay by him in store, as God hath prospered” every week (1 Corinthians 16:1-2).
- Preaching – God commanded Christians to teach his word (Matthew 28:18-20). For this reason, every Sunday we gather together to hear and study another lesson from God’s Word (2 Timothy 2:2; 1 Corinthians 1:21).
- Prayer – is a part of our daily lives, and is a part of our worship services (Philippians 4:6, 1 Timothy 2:1-2). We pray for our needs, the needs of others, and to give thanks for the things that we have been given. It is through prayer that we come into the presence of God.
Please accept our invitation in the spirit of Christ and come worship with us anytime you have the opportunity. Bring the family as we have Bible classes for all ages. Let us reason together through the scriptures rightly dividing the Word of Truth (II Timothy 2:15).